|Teacher/ Parent preparation before you begin the leaf project:
- Print out the PATTERN of the tree, and trace onto brown Craft Foam or brown paper, and cut out one per child.
Now, with the kids:
- Cut the circle stickers into half circles: Simply take the whole sheet of stickers and cut each row in half, down the center of the circles (while stickers are still attached to backing).
Tips for Teachers:
- Spread glue liberally to the bottom portion of the Collage Tray. Cover glue with green Shredded Tissue and press down firmly.
- Glue tree to collage tray, on top of the grass.
- Stick the pre-cut stickers all over the branches, the ground, and of course some in between, "falling down".
- Introduce the fall project by taking children outside to observe the trees and leaves. Ask them which color leaves they see on the trees and on the ground. Explain the process of leaves changing colors and falling off the trees during the fall. Then, when handing out the "leaf" stickers, ask children to identify which colors they saw outside, and have them put those color "leaves" on their fall crafts.
- Here's a cute fall song that the kids will love!
(Tune: "London Bridges Falling Down")
All the leaves are falling down
All the leaves are falling down to the ground
Take a rake and rake them up
Rake them up
Rake them up
Take a rake and rake them up into a pile