- The Base: Place Styrofoam Heart in the center of a piece of felt. Wrap felt tightly around Styrofoam and secure on top with straight pins. Now turn heart over, so that the top is the side that is covered in felt, and the pins are on the bottom.
- Choose a piece of ribbon that coordinates with the color of your felt. Sticking with reds, pinks and greens will enhance the look of your Valentine craft. (You may fold the ribbon in half if it is too wide for the height of the heart.) Starting at the bottom point of the heart, wrap the ribbon all the way around the heart, securing it with straight pins where needed. Trim the excess ribbon with scissors. Or, for added flair, leave a few inches of ribbon remaining at both ends, and tie them together in a bow.
- The Flowers: Cut sheets of tissue paper into squares (approximately 6"x6") or use our pre-cut 5" Tissue Squares. Layer 4-6 squares on top of each other, alternating colors for best results.
- Fold the stack of tissue paper squares like an accordion. Pinch the middle of the "accordion" and wrap a Pipe-cleaner or Twist-tie around it.
- Gently separate the layers of tissue paper on either side of the Pipe-cleaner, spreading them out until they take the form of a flower.
- Repeat for the desired number of flowers.
- Attach each flower to a green Craft Stick using clear tape. Alternatively, if you used Pipe-cleaners, you can wrap the Pipe-cleaner around the Craft Stick to attach it.
- Assembling the Valentine's Day Craft: Using a knife, puncture the felt in the places that you want the flowers to go. Stick the Craft Sticks into those holes and press firmly into the Styrofoam.
Looks impressive, no? Ready to be sent as a Valentine's Day gift! I only hope you found this Valentine's craft as thrilling as I did!
Caution: Straight pins and sharp scissors should be used with adult supervision only. Sharp knives are for adult use only.